The dynamism of the Technology, Media and Telecoms sector is set to continue.
Challengers can reach scale seemingly overnight, forcing market change at a similar speed. Established business models are upended, driving consolidation and restructuring. Regulators rush to respond, radically reshaping the environment.
These trends show no sign of slowing down.
This year’s TMT Horizons includes 22 short articles contributed by our lawyers around the globe, focusing on the trends and issues our clients are facing. These articles reflect the fact that the intersection between the inherent dynamism of the sector and the increasing challenges to unchecked globalization will dominate the next chapter for TMT.
Members of Hogan Lovells’ global Privacy and Cybersecurity team contributed to TMT Horizons 2019 to highlight some key privacy and data protection issues that businesses in the TMT industry should take note of.
These topics include:
- Protecting digital rights in Russia (Natalia Gulyaeva)
- GDPR for tech – one year on (Massimiliano Masnada)
- Has the U.S. got GDPR disease? (Bret Cohen)
- Will Brexit be good or bad for Big Data innovation in the UK? (Eduardo Ustaran)
- Is China isolated on privacy? (Mark Parsons)
To access TMT Horizons 2019, click here.