CCPAnow: Understanding the challenge ahead and what you should be doing now
The groundbreaking California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) takes effect on January 1, 2020, and companies are already working on compliance. Join members of the Hogan Lovells Privacy and Cybersecurity team for our CCPAnow program, a valuable opportunity to explore the questions that you need to address now in order to be ready.
We are hosting an event on the CCPA, on April 16 in New York.
CCPAnow will offer expert and practical guidance on how to navigate the CCPA, and help you benchmark against how other organizations are addressing the same issues.
A few key topics that will be addressed are:
- How should you interpret key definitions like “personal information,” “sale,” “third party,” and “business” when operationalizing the CCPA?
- How far does a business have to go to implement a consumer’s opt-out of sales to third parties?
- How will the financial incentives and anti-discrimination provisions actually work when consumers exercise their rights?
- How do the CCPA’s exceptions for certain regulated companies, such as financial services, work?
- What is happening in the California Office of the Attorney General’s rulemaking process and, more broadly, in the state and federal legislative landscape?
The program will conclude with lunch and a “Stump the Panel” interactive discussion, providing a further opportunity to network and continue the dialogue.
April 16 – 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
Hogan Lovells New York
875 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022
Kindly RSVP by Tuesday, April 9.
We hope you can join us.