The much anticipated Privacy Shield framework for the transfer of data between the EU and U.S. received final approval from the European Commission on 12 July 2016. With this important data transfer mechanism available to companies at the beginning of August, the Hogan Lovells Privacy and Cybersecurity team will answer your questions in a webinar Wednesday, 27 July.
CLE credit will be available.
In this complimentary webinar, Julie Brill, Tim Tobin, and Bret Cohen of Hogan Lovells’ Washington office, and Eduardo Ustaran of our London office will discuss frequently asked questions about the Privacy Shield, including:
- What do companies need to do to sign up to the Privacy Shield?
- How do companies demonstrate compliance with the Privacy Shield principles?
- What will it take to move from Safe Harbor to Privacy Shield?
- What are the pros and cons of Privacy Shield as compared to other EU cross-border transfer mechanisms?
- What is the long-term viability of Privacy Shield?
Webinar Details: Privacy Shield: What You Need to Know
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Time: 12:30 PM ET
To RSVP for the Hogan Lovells webinar, Privacy Shield: What You Need to Know, click here.