Thank you to everyone who participated in today’s webinar “Safe Harbor Invalidated – What Next?”, in which we analyzed the implications of yesterday’s decision by the Court of Justice of the European Union invalidating the EU-U.S. Safe Harbor Framework. In the webinar, we explored:
- What is the status of data transfers currently being legitimized by Safe Harbor?
- What alternative options are available for Safe Harbor members to lawfully receive data from Europe?
- What steps must Safe Harbor members take to transition to those other options?
- What are Safe Harbor members required to do with EU data already in the U.S.?
- How should companies respond to enquiries from EU clients and regulators concerned about the lack of a lawful basis for transfers?
To access the a copy of the slide deck, click here.
To access the recorded webinar (1 hr 6 mins), click here.
Stay tuned to the blog for future updates , including any interpretations or next-steps guidance from the European data protection authorities, the U.S. Department of Commerce, or the Federal Trade Commission.